Six Healthy Dental Habits: Resolutions for 2018
Have you made a list of your New Year’s resolutions for your oral health? We’re already in February, and if you haven’t made anything yet, it’s not too late to formulate a dental plan that will help you have healthy teeth and gums.
List of Healthy Dental Habits for 2018
- Always eat a balanced and oral-friendly diet to prevent oral diseases. Eat foods high in Calcium, Phosphorus and Vitamin D to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Avoid snacking on high-sugar foods that will promote cavities.
- Remember to replace your toothbrush every three or four months. Worn out toothbrush bristles do more harm than good on your teeth. We recommend that you have a spare of one or two toothbrushes in your cabinet, so they come in handy every time you need to replace your brush.
- Avoid using your teeth as a tool and prevent bad habits. Nail biting, chewing ice and using your teeth to open containers will damage your teeth and even your gums. If you don’t want to experience an emergency dental visit, then take care of your teeth like they’re the most precious part of your mouth.
- Brushing your teeth for at least 2 minutes and flossing once a day are the most critical routines you should never forget when making a dental health resolution every year. Learning the proper techniques and how long you should brush and floss are essential in oral care.
- Get your smartphones or tablets in use. These days, gadgets make our life easier so why not incorporate these electronics into your dental habits. Take note of your dental appointments or visits in your smartphone or tablet. With this, you won’t forget your dental check-ups.
- Lastly, consult your dentist regularly. Having a Dentist examine your teeth, gums, and mouth can ensure that your overall dental health is in its optimal state. Dentists are professionals, who are well-equipped with knowledge and skills to make sure you won’t have any oral health problems.
If you want to learn more about dental habits for your oral health resolutions in 2018, visit us at Aurora Dental Studio.Appointment Request