Baby Bottle Syndrome
As new parents, it can be hard to keep track of all the things to worry about. Early childhood cavities is a big one! Baby cavities can have serious effects on your child’s health, such as tooth loss, ear and speech problems, crooked permanent teeth, severe pain and tooth decay. Don’t worry, there is good news – it can be easily prevented!
First let’s understand what the main causes for childhood cavities are. It is called baby bottle syndrome or tooth decay, as most symptoms are related to what your baby is eating. Allowing your baby to fall asleep with a bottle enables the sugar content to stay around the teeth longer than necessary and can cause decay. Don’t be fooled, this also is applicable to breast milk. Prolonged nursing is another direct source of childhood cavities.
How can you prevent early childhood cavities?
● Get into the habit of putting your baby to bed without a bottle.
● Substitute the bottle with bedtime stories, or a comfy blanket!
● Do not let your infant walk around with a bottle and instead opt for cups.
● Check with your dentist to make sure your child is getting enough fluoride each day.
Your child’s healthy teeth and brilliant smile are in your hands. Don’t forget we are here to help! Book your appointment with us at Aurora Dental Studio today!
– The Aurora Dental Studio TeamAppointment Request